As I told you on my last post today’s post is about the Ash Jumpsuit! This great pattern designed by my good friend Celina from Petit à Petit & Family for Willow&Co’s Wonderlust Collection was the reason that got me blogging again. If I didn’t got to test it you probably wouldn’t be reading this, and I didn’t got to make such great new sewing/blogger friends as I have in the past few months. So this pattern will always hold a special place in my heart! (I’m cheesy I know LOL)
I can’t tell you how long I’ve been waiting to finally get to sew this one; I Love this pattern so much and I really wanted to make the Jumpsuit version since in my tester version I made the separates; I also made a pair of trousers for Francisca that I never got to blog about but you can see on a recent photo on my Instagram feed.
I new what I wanted my version to look like a long time ago, and ordered the fabric a while back, but only got time to sew it just before my vacation in August.
I choose two Andrea Lauren’s prints from her Safari collection, available at her print shop on Spoonflower. Aren’t they awesome!?? The colors are a bit far from what I would usually pick but I’m so happy, I think they match the Jumpsuit perfectly.
And if you read the comments on my blog (which lets face it you don’t hahah) you’d know that Andrea was really kind and commented on the Cloud Charlie, but the best part is that she said she’s working to get her prints on a German based site!!! Yay!!! I love Spoonflower but buying things from the US is really expensive so I’m happy to be able to buy them from a European shop.
I have nothing but good things to say about this pattern, everything is really well explained and Celina made the construction really easy while achieving a great look from the outside and inside of the garment.
I made size 5 with pockets and really like the fit, and the best part is that it will probably still fit her next summer too. The fabric is Spoonflower’s cotton poplin, the same I used for the cloud dress I made for Franscisca. The only thing I changed was the finishing method of the neckline and arm/back opening, since I used bias tape and not the facing pattern pieces; I admit I only did it because I’m lazy, but in my defense bias tape also provides a very neat finish and I really like the black contour that you can see around the neckline and armholes.
Well hope you liked this version and that it inspires you to create your own versions of the Ash Jumpsuit as it is a really really great pattern! Thanks Celina ❤ ❤ ❤